The Inman Aligner is a simple removable appliance used to align front teeth quickly and safely. It’s ideal as a stand alone treatment or to prealign teeth prior to further cosmetic options such as bonding or minimal veneers.
The Inman Aligner has Nickel Titanium coil springs that power two aligner bows that gently oppose each other, guiding the teeth into their new position. These gentle forces are active over a very large range of movement, which is why the Inman Aligner works so quickly. The image to the right shows the squeeze effect of the two aligner bows on the front teeth. The inner bow pushes forwards, while the outer bow pulls back on the front teeth.
Most cases are completed within 6-18 weeks. Your Inman Aligner dentist will give you a realistic guide of what to expect.
- Impressions are needed so that the lab can fabricate your custom made Inman Aligner.
- Initial fitting of the Aligner.
- Wear the Aligner 16-20 hours a day.
- Regular Inman checks every 2-3 weeks.
- As with other orthodontic treatment, after treatment is completed with the Inman Aligner, retention is recommended for life to prevent relapse. Retention can come in the form of a lingually bonded retainer or an Essix retainer.